The Congress Graduate Merit Award - Application From
The Federation is pleased to offer an award program to help facilitate the participation of graduate students in Congress activities. The Congress Graduate Merit Award (CGMA) program consists of a $500 prize amount and has two main objectives:
- As a merit-based award, it serves to recognize and celebrate the academic excellence of deserving graduate students who present their work at Congress;
- The award’s financial value is primarily meant to help offset costs associated with participating in Congress.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be graduate students (M.A., Ph.D.) enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada;
- Be in good academic standing;
- Be members of one of the Federation’s scholarly associations hosting a conference at Congress 2024;
- Provide their association with a 250-word (max) abstract of the research they propose to present at Congress 2024.
Please note, this subsidy is provided by the Congress of Humanities and Social Sciences.